We are here to help!
Here at San Jacinto College we have everything you need to succeed. Our people are your people and we have centers staffed with tutors to help you achieve your academic goals. We offer free tutoring on a variety of subjects and these options are available all year long.
Our tutors are either volunteer faculty or students just like you that have taken these courses and are familiar with the instructors. All of our student tutors are certified by the College Reading and Learning Association and come highly recommended by their instructors, so you know they are good at what they do. Tutoring is FREE and here to benefit you.
Are you stuck on that term paper? Can't figure out that equation? Having trouble conjugating that verb? We can help! Before you know it, you will be making the right grade and on your way to achieving your academic goals.
The Student Success Center is a center that conducts different types of tutoring for various subjects such as Math, English, Sciences and many more for FREE!
S.S.C. provides many resources for any student who comes into the center which include the following:
- Calculators are available to be checked out; however, the calculators must only be used within the center and the student must provide a driver's license or Student Identification Card. Calculators must be returned before the student checks out or leaves the center.
- The center also provides different textbooks and solution manuals for the subjects that are being tutored. These resources may not leave the center.
- The Student Success Center provides free computer usage for academic purposes. Please note students are not allowed on social websites such as Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc.
- S.S.C. is not only a place to get free tutoring and use free resources but is also a place where students may study in a quiet environment.
- S.S.C. conducts Conversation Hour, which helps English second language students practice English by doing many different activities.
In order to make use of the S.S.C. and any of its resources, you will need your student identification number or San Jacinto College ID card. The S.S.C. is free for students who attend any San Jacinto College campus.
Students are not allowed to take textbooks or resources out of the center.
First floor of library, C-21
Dawn Shedd, Director
Melinda Benham, Assistant
Fall & Spring
Mon–Thurs: 7:30 am-8:45 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 2:45 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 1:45 pm
Sunday: 1 - 4:45 pm
Mon-Thurs: 9 am - 6 pm
Sat: 10 am - 1:45 pm
First Floor of the Lehr Library, N-14.105
281-998-6150 Ext. 7808
Erika Hernandez, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 7680
Leticia Martinez, Administrative Assistant
email@example.com, Ext. 7710
Fall & Spring
Mon - Thurs: 8 am - 8:45 pm
Friday: 8 am - 2:45 pm
Sat: 11 am - 1:45 pm
Mon - Thurs: 8 am-6 pm
First Floor of the Library
Diana Shokralla, Director
David Berumen, Jr. Administrative Assistant
Fall & Spring
Mon – Thurs: 8 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 3 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 1 pm
Mon - Thurs: 8 am - 5 pm
Friday: 8 am - 12 pm